Lafayette Christian School excels in Christ centered education and equips each unique child to love and serve God in all of life.
The purpose of Lafayette Christian School is to equip young people to live a Christian life of service in this world and to be transforming agents in the Kingdom of God.
It is our belief that God directly commands that children of Christian parents be trained in the fear of the Lord. The authority and responsibility for this training of children resides in the community of Christians and with the parents in particular. Parents may, however, seek cooperation of the Christian church and teachers who are competent to assist in carrying out God’s command.
‘These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you
get up.” (Deuteronomy 6: 6,7)
The supreme standard of the Lafayette Christian School Society is the scripture of the Old and New Testaments, herein confessed to be the infallible Word of God, and interpreted in the ecumenical creeds and the historic Reformed confessions. (A summary copy of these confessions is available at the school.)
- Scriptural Direction and Reformed Tradition The Bible is God’s written Word. It reveals His will for creation and provides guidance for our lives. Our understanding of the implications of Scripture and meaning of our task as a Christian school stands within the Reformed tradition of the Protestant Reformation.
- Creation Our entire world, in all its parts, aspects, and relations, is the creation of the triune God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God orders and preserves the cosmos by His Word as an expression of covenantal love. All things are unified under God’s rule and exist to give Him glory.
- Humanity Human beings are created to bear God’s image. As such, we are given a mandate to live in community with God, each other, and creation, developing its potential and taking good care of it.
- Fall Into Sin Through humanity’s willful disobedience to God, sin entered the world. It disrupted communion between God and humankind, it resulted in disharmony between people, and it set men and women in harmful opposition to the rest of creation that resulted in hardship and death.
- Redemption and Restoration God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to save us from sin and to restore all things to Himself. Jesus’ life, death and resurrection broke the power of the Evil One and inaugurated the renewal of creation. All will be fully restored when the Lord returns to make everything right.
- The Kingdom of God and the Task of the Church As God’s people, the church, we are called to be agents of reconciliation. Under the leading of the Holy Spirit and in communion with God and one another, we are to summon sinners to repentance and strive to advance God’s rule in all areas of life. We seek to transform culture and bring peace to a broken world.
- Christian Education Christian education is an integral part of the Christian community’s contemporary responsibility before God. It teaches wisdom to each new generation of God’s people to discern His will for their time and place. It also prepares them to care for and unfold all of creation in praise to Him, and it helps them to fight against the works of the Devil. It also develops students’ insights, capabilities, and Christian perspective across a broad spectrum of areas and practical competence so that God’s people can become better equipped to serve Him as maturing children and adults in all areas of life.
It is the policy of the Board of School Trustees that no child shall be denied admission to Lafayette Christian School because of race, color, or national origin. All policies and guidelines will be carried out with no discrimination to individuals based on their race, color, or national origin.