REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADMISSION & ISSUANCE OF I-20
The admission of international students to Lafayette Christian School as a student will require the following in addition to requirements as set forth in LCS Board Policy 5111:
- A $100.00 issuing fee for I-20 paid to LCS and is non-refundable.
- Two months tuition must be paid in advance. International students will pay the full tuition rate and will not be eligible for any LCS education grant.
- All normal parts of the admissions application process must be complete as determined by the admissions committee.
- Grade transcripts must be translated into English and received by the LCS principal’s office.
- Statement from the family’s bank of sufficient funds calculated in U.S. dollars for one year’s tuition and living expenses in the United States.
- Proof of health insurance coverage in English while residing in the United States.
- Guardianship papers in English stating that the parent(s) gives custody to the named guardian(s) while the student is attending LCS. The guardian must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. The document must also state that the student will be physically residing with the guardian. Document must be signed by custodial parent(s) and notarized.
- The student must show an appropriate level of English communication skills to be admitted. LCS takes no responsibility for student ESL (English as a Second Language) instruction. The parent or guardian takes responsibility for any additional tutoring or instruction in English beyond the LCS current curricular program of instruction.
- All fees as set forth above, and all completed application forms and information will be received before the I-20 issuance process is begun.