Preschool & Pre-K
Preschool & Prekindergarten
Preschool - Child needs to be 3 years old before August 1st.
Prekindergarten - Child needs to be 4 years old before August 1st.
All children must be potty trained prior to starting preschool or prekindergarten.
We Learn As We Play....
- To get along
- To work together
- To work independently
- To share
- To count
- To explore
- To use new words
- To plan
- To listen
- To learn about our world God created
- To know God loves us!
Whole Child Approach to Education
At "Shining Stars" preschool, we use a whole child approach to education, which emphasizes physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual developmental stages. All stages of development are considered equally important. Children learn best as they actively participate in different activities. Our program's goal is to have your child well prepared for Kindergarten and beyond.
Mrs. Dana Stephan is the lead teacher for all of our Preschool and PreK classes and Mrs. Sue Wetzel is the co-teacher for all three classes.
Preschool and Pre-K classes for 2020-21
Morning Pre-K class begins on August 26th
Preschool and Afternoon Pre-K classes begin on August 27th
Tuesday and Thursday 8:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Preschool and Prekindergarten Application Process
- Print and complete the Application Form.
- Scan and email your application form to our Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your application to the school office.
- A $40 application fee must be submitted in order to hold your child's place in your chosen class.
- The admissions office will inform you when your child has been accepted. Welcome to the LCS family!