Please review the following:
Lafayette Christian School excels in Christ centered education and equips each unique child to love and serve God in all of life.
The purpose of Lafayette Christian School is to equip young people to live a Christian life of service in this world and to be transforming agents in the Kingdom of God.
It is our belief that God directly commands that children of Christian parents be trained in the fear of the Lord. The authority and responsibility for this training of children resides in the community of Christians and with the parents in particular. Parents may, however, seek cooperation of the Christian church and teachers who are competent to assist in carrying out God’s command.
"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” (Deuteronomy 6: 6-7)
- Scriptural Direction and Reformed Tradition: The supreme standard of the Lafayette Christian School Society is the scripture of the Old and New Testaments, The Bible is God’s written Word. It reveals His will for creation and provides guidance for our lives. Our understanding of the implications of Scripture and meaning of our task as a Christian school stands within the Reformed tradition of the Protestant Reformation.
- Creation: Our entire world, in all its parts, aspects, and relations, is the creation of the triune God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God orders and preserves the cosmos by His Word as an expression of covenantal love. All things are unified under God’s rule and exist to give Him glory.
- Humanity: Human beings are created to bear God’s image. As such, we are given a mandate to live in community with God, each other, and creation, developing its potential and taking good care of it. . The Creator’s intent for human sexuality finds its fulfillment between a man and a woman within the bond of the marriage covenant. To experience the fullness of God’s loving intent in human sexuality, sexual experience is intended to be celebrated between a man and a woman within that covenant union.
- Fall into Sin: Through humanity’s willful disobedience to God, sin entered the world. It disrupted communion between God and humankind, it resulted in disharmony between people, and it set men and women in harmful opposition to the rest of creation that resulted in hardship and death.
- Redemption and Restoration: God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to save us from sin and to restore all things to Him. Jesus’ life, death and resurrection broke the power of the Evil One and inaugurated the renewal of creation. All will be fully restored when the Lord returns to make everything right.
- The Kingdom of God and the Task of the Church: As God’s people, the church, we are called to be agents of reconciliation. Under the leading of the Holy Spirit and in communion with God and one another, we are to summon sinners to repentance and strive to advance God’s rule in all areas of life. We seek to transform culture and bring peace to a broken world.
- Christian Education: Christian education is an integral part of the Christian community’s contemporary responsibility before God. It teaches wisdom to each new generation of God’s people to discern His will for their time and place. It also prepares them to care for and unfold all of creation in praise to Him, and it helps them to fight against the works of the Devil. It also develops students’ insights, capabilities, and Christian perspective across a broad spectrum of areas and practical competence so that God’s people can become better equipped to serve Him as maturing children and adults in all areas of life.
I am enrolling my child(ren) in Lafayette Christian School primarily because of my earnest desire that my child(ren) receive Christ-centered educational training based on the school’s beliefs and philosophy.
I understand that my child(ren) will be educated in a manner consistent with the above stated beliefs and philosophy of Lafayette Christian School.
I agree to support Lafayette Christian School in its efforts to provide education that is distinctly Christian. I will seek to uphold the fundamental unity of the home and school in this goal. I understand that the personal conduct of students and parents must conform to Lafayette Christian School’s stated Basic Beliefs and Parent Handbook. If disagreement exists, I will have opportunity to discuss such matters with the faculty, administration, and school Board. I understand that conduct of student or parents outside of school guidelines may result in disciplinary procedures or expulsion.
I understand that initial enrollment and continued enrollment is subject to the governing authorities of Lafayette Christian School who reserve the right to reject any student.
I understand that Lafayette Christian School admits students of any race, color, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to students in the school. I understand that Lafayette Christian does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national, or ethnic origin.
I certify that all the information I have provided to the school is true and complete.
As a parent/guardian seeking to enroll my child(ren) in Lafayette Christian School, I hereby certify that I have read this form consisting of the Mission, Philosophy, Basic Beliefs, Parent Handbook and Partnership Agreement and that I do affirm that my beliefs are consistent with those stated and I have made known to the school any discrepancies in my beliefs or personal conduct to the afore mentioned beliefs and policies. I furthermore accept the conditions and requirements of all other official policies and procedures of Lafayette Christian School, including the payment of all fees and charges according to the published schedule and requirements of the school.
It is the policy of the Board of School Trustees that no child shall be denied admission to the Lafayette Christian School because of race, color, or national origin. All policies and procedures will be administered with no discrimination based on race, color, or national origin.
Your typed name below consitutes as your signature.