Classroom Aide Position
Mission (Purpose and Function): To assist classroom teachers in the instructional process, reinforcing instruction to individual or small groups of students. Assist in the preparation of instructional materials and implementation of lesson plans and provide support where needed.
- Work under the supervision of the classroom teacher
- Assist in arranging learning environment, assembling and putting together materials
- Assist students in completing classroom assignments, homework, and projects. Assure students understand classroom rules and procedures and assist in answering student questions.
- Assist assigned teacher in implementation of lesson plans.
- Reinforce instruction as directed by the teacher. Monitor and oversee student drills, practice and assignments in various subjects.
- Assist with supervision of students during non-instructional times.
- Observe and control behavior of students in the classroom according to the approved procedures
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
- Must be 18 years old and a High School graduate
- Experience and love for working with elementary age students
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to obtain if offered a position), along with other trainings as needed
- Regular Church attendance
- Complete and pass a background check
- Understanding and acceptance of LCS Statement of Beliefs
Responsible to and evaluated by: Teachers to whom assigned and building Principal
Work Period: Follows school calendar
Terms of Employment: Part-time (20 hours a week) paid hourly, with potential to be full-time.
Completed application and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org